Commonly Treated Conditions:
- Pain: Back, Neck, Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, Ankle Pain
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: heartburn, IBS, GERD, Constipation
- Depression / Anxiety
- Headaches including Migraines
- Weight Management
- Stroke Rehabilitation - Bell's Palsy
- Women's / Men's Health
- The classical Chinese explanation is that channels of energy run in regular patterns through the body and over its surface. These energy channels, called meridians, are like rivers flowing through the body to irrigate and nourish the tissues. An obstruction in the movement of these energy rivers is like a dam that backs up in others.The meridians can be influenced by needling the acupuncture points; the acupuncture needles unblock the obstructions at the dams, and reestablish the regular flow through the meridians. Acupuncture treatments can therefore help the body's internal organs to correct imbalances in their digestion, absorption, and energy production activities, and in the circulation of their energy through the meridians.
The modern scientific explanation is that needling the acupuncture points stimulates the nervous system to release chemicals in the muscles, spinal cord, and brain. These chemicals will either change the experience of pain, or they will trigger the release of other chemicals and hormones which influence the body's own internal regulating system.
The improved energy and biochemical balance produced by acupuncture results in stimulating the body's natural healing abilities, and in promoting physical and emotional
is acupuncture covered by insurance?
Most insurance plans now cover acupuncture. We also offer package plans and monthly memberships as well as financing options.
WHat can acupuncture help with?
Acupuncture has many benefits that include general restoration of blood flow and energy circulation, pain reduction, and restoration of range of motion in joints. Acupuncture is safe and effective for most individuals including pregnant patients and pediatric care.
WHat should i do to prepare for an acupuncture treatment
Because acupuncture stimulates the body, it is recommended you eat at least 2 hours before your scheduled acupuncture appointment.